Monday, July 24, 2006

lounge acts

weird media consumer moments while waiting in the thai airways lounge in bangkok:
1: the nation, an english-language daily in bangkok, has a picture on page 3 of a new way to boost the elephant population: artificial insemination! And what's the picture of, but someone taking a donation from Mr. Elephant, who, by the way, is more endowed than Mr. Horse. (Why they never thought of the whole a.i. thing before, I don't know.)
2: The south china morning post, an extremely exasperating English-language newspaper in Hong Kong that employs a pompous Aussie I call shiv guy, because he's the only person I ever wanted to stick a homemade knife into within 10 seconds of meeting him, has a better picture inside their middling Sunday newspaper. It's of paramedics wheeling away a 78-year woman with a scissors stuck in her head.
Yes. A pair of scissors stuck in the top of her head. Someone dropped them out of a high rise up in the Mongkok neighborhood on Kowloon side.
As Kurt Vonnegut might write repeatedly in a novel of his, Look out below!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home