Thursday, December 07, 2006

Tis the ..... when the hell is it again?

I dialed up Goofy Sister after work tonight and froze for about 10 seconds, trying to remember if it was a school day or not. Now logic says that a wednesday morning in early december is a school day. But school day intuition is one of the things that goes when you live in a subtropical climate and it's warm all the time. You don't have snow on the ground to tell you, "Hey, kids are in school now." And you don't automatically think, "Hey school is out," because it's hot outside.
On another strange note, I went for an impromptu hike the other day, basically from my place to the Peak, the tallest point in HK, via a meandering route. At one point, I come across a little BBQ/rest area, and in the ground is a little 2-foot by 2-foot koi poind, with about 6 fish, just sitting there, with water circulating through it. It's just one of those interesting little things that make ya smile as you proceed to pummel your hamstrings by climbing up a mountain for no apparent reason.

2 Comments:

Blogger joe said...

why you not eat the fishies?

12:29 AM  
Blogger throm said...

With my hatred of all food that is fish? hah! only if they were wrapped in bacon and drowned in a blue cheese sauce could I handle it.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home