Monday, January 29, 2007

The personal effect

For all the high-tech that is HK, there is a weird obsession with doing some things face-to-face or with old-fashioned faxes. (If faxes can be considered old fashioned). I recently had to get a new credit card because they thought I had suspicious activity being charged to the card; it was me charging stuff for my family's trip.
So I now have to change all the numbers my cell phone, health club and cable tv bills are charged to. But I can't just call and do it over the phone. I have to stop in person, or fax it to them. Why, I don't know. I just get the feeling that in the ubertech cities of Seoul and Tokyo, you just do this all over your mobile as their uberadvanced cell phones confirm your ID via hologram.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home