Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Shrubbery!

Dalat is known for its vegetables and fruits and for its flowers. There's a huge flower garden on the edge of town, and I got there right before its annual flower festival. It's not quite a botanical garden - yet - but it made me wish I could transplant this to my neighborhood in HK.


A number of individual pots near the entrance....

Made up a huuuge arch. What would Ho Chi Minh think? (On a side note, Dalat escaped the Vietnam war almost unscathed - it was considered off limits for the most part by both sides as a place to relax and learn.)



While there were a number of shrubs carved as dragons, I liked the shrubbed dogs more.


At first, I thought these might be lawn gnomes in Dalat, but they merely were bootleg Disney dwarves.


Much cooler, though, were the occasional sculptures they had scattered about the grounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home