Thursday, October 01, 2009

Side trip!

I only spent a day and a half in DC (got there at noon Monday, flew out early wednesday morning) but still packed in a good chunk: catching up with a friend and getting to see a lot of Smithsonians (the Smithsonians are all the national museums, not just one).


Outside of the moder art Smithsonian is a sculpture garden. In there is a "Wish Tree" where you can leave your thoughts and desires. It's fun to spend 15 minutes to read what people left. Some are funny and touching.


And some aren't. And I wish people in America really understood what communism really is.


Ah, yes, sushi and tapas. They naturally go together.


I got to see Pennsylvania Ave. shut down for Obama's motorcade to zip by.


One exhibit was a variety of glass cubes that were shipped via FedEx, and then displayed as they arrived. Some were varely chipped, others just mangled.
And yet, somehow, I have not had one beer bottle break yet when I bring it back with me to Hong Kong. Foam peanuts, my friends. Don't underestimate them.


Sure, they had the Obama Hope painting near this one in the Portrait Gallery. But this one was far cooler, I thought. It made me laugh and salivate, all at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home