Thursday, March 10, 2011

A quickie!

1) Not much, but sadness in my neighborhood; the foot massage place around the corner from me closed down. It think it actually means there is a block in this city, now, lacking in said establishment, which might be a first. I have no idea how this city supports so many, but it does.
2) Had the ramen at the place mentioned last time. Pretty good, not as near as good as what it is in tokyo, though. And i stopped at the 'brasserie' near me, too. They have a dish that is essentially macaroni and cheese with lardon (thick bacon). Not very authentic French, but yummy...
3) Something is going on upstairs; I now have bamboo scaffolding outside my windows. If you ever want to entertain 9-year-olds back in America, show them, via Skype, construction workers wearing slippers climbing outside your window. Instant fun!
4) I'll get pics sometime, but my neighborhood now pretty much is a full-time port stop for cruise ships. They used to only doc across the harbor in TST, but they now are docking nearly every other day at a pier, which I think is recently built, near me. I assume this pier is much cheaper, because there is a helluva lot less to see in K Town than in Kowloon. (Though I never see tourists wandering here; I assume they bus them somewhere right away.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home