Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wait, wait



You've waited this long, just like the Racing Sausages in Milwaukee, so I ask your patience for just a few days before....

1) I promise to post more in a few days. Vital things, like unpacking beer, giving away panda-related gifts and paying bills come before blogging, sadly.

2) While transiting through Singapore on Sunday, I stayed 6 hours in the transit hotel. In a way, it was truly was a transit, between Tokyo (vacation) and Hong Kong (back to the grind). Because while Tokyo smells clean, my first impression of coming back home was stepping out of my elevator and smelling this sickly sweet garlic smell enveloping me, as the neighbors were cooking lunch.
And in between Tokyo and HK was Singapore. And for some reason, the hallway in the transit hotel - which is just a small area of the airport, in the international area, and not isoalted in any way - reeked of curry. Why some portion of the Singapore airport smells like curry, I don't know.

3) But I had to laugh in Singapore taking the moving walkways between wings. They call their walkway the "Travellator," which made me think of one of the all-time great time-wasters at work, Trogdor's Burninator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home