Thursday, November 05, 2009

A new, tiny record

When I tried out for my job in HK, I was put up at the Ibis hotel in North Point. To describe it as spartan and small would be a slight understatement, like describing the Yankees have a few dollars to spend on payroll. As I always told people forced to stay there, "Don't take it personally; they put everyone through this test."
And I may have found an even tinier hotel. In a few weeks, I fly Air Asia from Bali to Kuala Lumpur, landing around 11pm. And because Air Asia is in the low-cost terminal, totally separate from the regular international terminal, you can't use the transit hotel there. And since I am landing about 10.30 at night and hope to leave about 9 am, I only need a place to stay.
Enter Tune. It's owned by said airline and is literally across the parking lot from the terminal; you walk across the lot to get there.
$20 for a room with a queen-size bed. With about 8 inches to spare on either side. Oh, and a shower.
But if you want towels or soap, that's $1.50 US more. And air-conditioning is about $3.50 for 12 hours. Still, it is a transit hotel for less than $30 US.
This either has brilliant idea written over it, or worst hotel stay ever. Review TK.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyce Lau said...

God. Between the tiny airport hotel and the guesthouse disclaimer, are you sure you want to go on holiday?

10:14 PM  
Blogger throm said...

Or staycate? I will travel. And I like the concept of this hotel; you want it, you buy it. I need a place to sleep for 8 hours, then shower. $30 US is the a great price for that where I do not need a cab ride.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home